Monday, July 21, 2008

Our Princess Hailey

Hailey is getting so big. She is almost 3. She is such a sweet girl and already so grown up. She loves to dress up and is always wanting to wear dresses so that she can be a princess. You can always tell where Hailey is in the house because she has to wear her princess shoes all of the time. I took the time to straighten Hailey's hair today. It takes such a long time to do because she hates the sound of the blow dryer, so I have to put it on low. I also have to use the straightener other wise it is still wavy and total pageant hair because it is so big. She loves to do funny poses and always has her arms out to the sides. Hailey is so smart, she picks up things so quickly. She has been able to sing her ABC's and count to 10 since she first turned 2, she also remembers the words to songs she hears on the radio. It is so funny because you'll be driving in the car and hear her singing along to the songs. She also is very determined when she has a project in mind. When she was first trying to change her babies diapers she would sit there for a good 20 minutes getting it put on just right. I was worried before we brought Addison home that she would try to take over being the little mommy that she is, but she has done really well. She takes care of her own baby dolls right along side of me. She has been a big help, always wanting to get me the things I need. Some of Hailey's favorite things right now are her Carebears, Cinderella, Mulan, and any makeup or lotions. I have to keep the upstairs bathroom doors shut because otherwise she gets into my makeup bag and is constantly trying to get any lotions or soaps that she can get her hands on. One time I came up stairs and my bathroom door was shut, I opened the door and she had dumped out a new bottle of lotion on the floor and then smeared it over every cabinet door, in my drawer, and all over herself. If you don't know where Hailey is at she is usually hiding somewhere with something she is not supposed to have, so you call her name and she yells back "Nothing", which means you need to find her quickly because she is doing something naughty. Overall though Hailey is such a sweet little girl. She gives the best hugs and is always quick to say sorry when she has done something bad. She loves to help with anything that needs to be done. It is never quiet when Hailey is around, she always has something to say or a song to sing.


No comments: